This week my post will be very basic, as I'd rather spend more time studying for the midterm on tuesday. I have finished the assignment 1, from it I have learned a lot, and at the same time I am concerned about many concepts that I haven't been able to understand completely. One of these is:
Vacuous Truth, so it is basically when the precedent is negated then it is implied that the implication is a vacuous truth. But what does this really mean? Is it that then there is always truth? Well, if the antecedent is empty then we can assume that this implication is vacuously true. Therefore, there is no counterexample because the antecedent is an empty set.
Furthermore, it is very difficult for me to translate english into symbolic logic. I think there are disparities between these two. I think we haven't been taught properly how to be better at this either. Anyway, I am not here to criticize but I think it would be more helpful if we had a weekly extra exercises that we could use for extra studying.
Well, sorry this week's post is so short but I think I need this time to prepare better for the midterm. I will be posting something more interesting next week.
Add now 13.75 times for this post.
No comments:
Post a Comment